To be completely honest, I am a bit worried about the final teaching presentation. I have been able to keep up with the course so far but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one. It doesn't seem as clear as to what exactly I need to do to accomplish it. It is not lack of instructions, more on my end of wondering how to start. I am sure it will work out, but with how busy work is plus the due dates for everything else this semester starting to collide I am hitting that wall just before the end.
I feel the exact same way!!! I've been familiar with every other type of technology that we've had to use in class but this is more open ended. I'm in the same boat.
ReplyDeleteAndy and Jill - I have to agree with both of you! I still haven't decided what exactly I want to do or what technology I want to use. I know that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything due as well.
ReplyDeleteAGREED! Not glad that you all feel that way, but I am glad I'm not the only one:-)
ReplyDeleteI have decided to do an African American unit for third grade, but I'm doing a full unit complete with like 4 lesson plans or whatever it will work out to be. I'm worried about the actual teaching of it because I think it will end up being more of a talk through what I would do. I don't know. Maybe I will just choose one lesson plan? Without Orff instruments and other things, I don't know if I can teach the majority of my lessons...But good luck to all! I'm sure we will all do well in the end:-)
This is definitely the boat I belong in! I thought I was the only one worried, but after reading several blogs, it is clear I'm not the only one. I too have a problem with beginning work that is open ended; I hate the feeling of not knowing exactly what is expected. Hopefully class tonight will clear some things up.
ReplyDeleteAgreed... this project was especially tough trying to adapt it to a real world scenario. Every time I've tried to use technology in my classroom it ends up being difficult simply because the internet and the computers that we use always seem to freeze or hang up or spazz out, makes for a frustrating experience.
ReplyDelete